Monday, March 23, 2015



The Sentinelle Project will be part of the Sisters in Cloth - Shoreline Art Quilters exhibit this spring at The Willoughy Wallace Memorial Library gallery in Stony Creek, Connecticut. The exhibit runs from March 27th - April 29, 2015. All are invited to an opening reception on Sunday, April 12th from 4-6PM.

The sentinels are linocuts created by Australian artist, Dijanne Cevaal, have been used as inspiration by the group’s members to create an impressive grouping. All are different and each artist’s personality is evident. Some of these pieces travelled to Europe and Australia, as it has been Dijanne’s vision to have the sentinelles keep watch the world over.

This sentinelle is my Ode to Lucille, a woman who has been a part of my life since I was born and will forever be dear to my heart. Lucille is The Goddess of Forgiveness as it was the act of forgiveness that she tirelessly tried to instill in my soul. Although she has been gone for many years, I can clearly hear her words as I strive to make her proud.








No comments:

Post a Comment