Thursday, May 15, 2014

What Goes Around, Comes Around


They say "what goes around, comes around."  In keeping with "throw back Thursday" here is a photo of my sister's dog Jesse sitting comfortably on a quilt I made back in the early '80s using Marimekko fabric. I'm sure the backing is one large piece - probably a sheet or something. And it was definitely tied. 

I still love Scandinavian design and the "Little Squares" quilt completed this week features some fabric by designer, Lotta Jansdotter among many other talented artists. In a recent Facebook poll, I solicited recommendations for the back of the quilt. The choices were between two shades of gray. My friend Linda suggested that I use some blocks from the front with the darker of the gray fabrics. So here's my version of the updated Marimekko quilt which will eventually go on my soon to be Etsy site.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment